Pocket Book of Hours (Horologion)
A beautifully-bound hardback Book of Hours in a pocket format translated from the Greek and published by Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Taken together with Holy Transfiguration's Prayer Book for Orthodox Christians, it provides the full cycle of daily services in a convenient format for personal use.
Hardcover with signature-sewn binding. 176 pages. 2-color printing.
4" x 6 1/2" page size
The Midnight Service includes the forms necessary for its performance on Weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
The Hours includes:
• the Hours with their Mid-hours, and variants needed for use in Great Lent
• the Typica both as used in Lent and outside of it
• the Antiphons for daily use in the Divine Liturgy
• The Prokeimenon of the Epistle and Alleluia of the Gospel for every day of the week, and common Prokeimena and Alleluia for Saints
• The Cherubic hymns used in the Liturgies of St John Chrysostom, St Basil the Great, St James, and the Presanctified
• The Service of the Refectory
• Prayers for the Midday Meal